- Over 13 billion dollars have been invested by the federal government in addition to the spending by the States for building up robust rural health infrastructure under the National Rural Health Mission during the last 7 years.
- Mother and Child Tracking System is the one of the excellent examples which aims at ensuring quality service delivery, micro birth planning and ensuring universal immunization.
- India is the fourth largest producer of pharmaceuticals in the world in terms of volume and 13th largest in terms of value.
- The total export from India for the year 2011-12 was more than 13 billion US dollars.
- Indian generic drugs have helped in bringing down the cost of treatment of various diseases world-wide which includes HIV/AIDS.
- International health system reform – the challenge of Universal Health Converge, Non-communicable diseases (NCD’s), E-Health (as the Indian experience with the MCTS), Pharmaceutical policy, global Health Governance and WHO reform etc.