- 2.13 % of the total population includes persons with visual, hearing, speech, locomotor and mental disabilities.
- Visuallly impaired constitute about 49% of the disabled population
- `Antarchakshu` is a mass scale disability sensitization and awareness generating event.
- The event involves simulation of various disability conditions, more specifically blindness and low vision.
- The participants are made to do a series of tasks and activities whilst they are in different disability roles.
- The simulation process is followed by an exhibition on assistive tools, technologies and aids used by persons with disabilities.
- The last section of the process is a sharing and debriefing zone where participants who have just experienced the world of the disabled are engaged with persons with disabilities.