- “Land of Pi” posters produced by Tourism Ministry to be displayed in overseas Indiatourism offices.
- Luxury buses plying between Chennai and Puducherry and Kochi and Munnar
- Special “Land of Pi” tours and walking trails will be organized for tourists visiting Puducherry and Munnar
- “Land of Pi” contests – prize would be a holiday package toPuducherry or Munnar
- A boat that hints at “Life of Pi”, with a stuffed toy tiger will be permanently placed at two prominent locations in Puducherry, to provide a photo opportunity to visiting tourists.
- T’shirts and caps branding the two lands of Pi
- Online video games will be made
- campaign will be undertaken in English as well as in French, German, Chinese, Spanish and Japanese
- Road shows for promoting tourism to the country will be organized in China and Taiwan, where the film “Life of Pi” has been very well received.