By MoPPGP. Lets hope.
- several legislations at various stages of enactment aiming to address the menace of corruption and ensuring transparency.
- the Right of Citizens for Time Bound Delivery of Goods and Services and Redressal of their Grievances Bill, 2011 will enable the citizens to get delivery of services within the stated time lines.
- Lokpal and Lokayuktas Bill, 2011 provides for appointment of Ombudsmen to inquire into complaints of corruption against certain public servants.
- no plan to amend the RTI act at present
- Whistle Blowers Protection Bill, 2011
- Public Procurement Bill, 2011, now in the Parliament shall regulate Public Procurement by all Government bodies to ensure transparency and promote competition.
- through 14 flagship programmes of the Government, huge amount of money is being given by the Central Govt. to States for Public welfare Scheme