- Union Ministry of Tourism will organise an International Tourism Mart at Guwahati from 18th to 20th of this month
- Union Minister of Tourism said that it was the first ever International Tourism event to be organised in the north-eastern region
- It is also the first International Tourism Mart to focus on a specific region of India.
- “It will bring together the tourism business fraternity and entrepreneurs from the eight north eastern States of India and West Bengal. The event has been planned and scheduled to facilitate interaction between buyers, sellers, media, Government agencies and others.”
- The north east region of India is endowed with diverse tourist attractions and products. The varied topography of the region, its flora and fauna, the ethnic communities with their rich heritage of ancient traditions and lifestyles, festivals, arts and crafts, make it a holiday destination waiting to be explored. Considering the contiguous features of West Bengal with the north east, the state has been included in the Mart.